Sunday, December 21, 2008

0. Prologue

From a Television News Interview; KEYE 42 News.

"My  name is Ken Shields. I was born and raised in Galveston, Texas by my loving parents, Ruth and Ken Sr. They were loving and supportive of me in every way, and or that I am thankful. I would have never been half of the athlete or man that I am today without their support as well as the support of everybody I grew up with. Football was always my game, although growing up I did love watching other sports, like hockey, baseball, hell, even pro wrestling once in a while!

"The University of Texas in Austin is where I've made my name, where all of the attention came from. When I heard the NFL was scouting me and had dubbed me 'The Boy with the Golden Arm' I thought it was bullshit. I mean, really, me? Our team wasn't on top of our division by any stretch. Last season I was sidelined for over half of it due to a shoulder injury after getting sacked and landing wrong on my arm. Some 'Golden Arm,' huh? I worked my heart out to get where I am and can only hope that a strong team sees something in me and picks me up in the draft!"

"Do you have any preferences on which team picks you," the blonde reporter, heavily caked on makeup and sharp red skirt suit asks him, batting her eyelashes at him.

"Well," Ken, golden blonde locks falling over his University of Texas t-shirt shakes his head and blushes. "Well gee, m'am, anybody who'll have me I guess!" 

He laughs, the laugh reverberates as the frame freezes, jumping a bit at the freeze, focusing on his smile.

No comments: